General Privacy Notice
This General Privacy Notice is to let you know how Examinair Ltd generally uses and looks after your personal information. This includes what you tell us. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
Why we process your personal information
We process personal information to enable us to carry out:
– administration of licenses
– providing advice and information,
– maintaining our own accounts and records,
– consideration and investigation of complaints and policy issues,
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes which may include:
– personal details
– family details
– lifestyle and social circumstances
– employment and education details
– details of complaints, incidents and grievances
– visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
We also process special category personal information that may include:
– physical or mental health details
– racial or ethnic origin
– religious or other beliefs
– offences (including alleged offences)
– criminal and legal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
We sometimes need to share information with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
– family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
– professional advisers and consultants
– services providers (see below)
– police forces
– Depending on the type of medical examination we do: CAA, DVLA, Motorsport UK, Oil & Gas UK
– central government
– persons making an enquiry or complaint
– organisation subject to a complaint or assessment,
prosecuting authorities, courts
– other ombudsman and regulatory authorities
Other Service Providers:
Unless we are automatically required to share your information by law, or have in place an agreement/contract with a third-party service provider to process information on our behalf or assist the CAA, DVLA in providing services, we will normally let you know if we need to share or release your information.
Information is only disclosed to third party service providers under a contract and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In many circumstances, we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we may need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as you have a relationship with us and, thereafter, for specified purposes in line with our legal duties or our public functions, to respond to any questions or complaints, or to maintain records according to European or National aviation rules, that apply to us. When you make an application for a service we will tell you how long we expect to retain your personal information and why.